Outcrop Communications is the North's largest full-service agency specializing in communications, marketing, branding, social media and so much more. With roots in each of Canada's three territories, our team of Outcroppers strongly believe in and live by our slogan "creative solutions that matter".
We are looking for someone to join our development team to design and execute high quality web solutions for our clients. If you are committed to developing code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure in an agile environment, you will love working here.
What you will be doing
- Strong focus on backend development using Drupal and Wordpress.
- Develop support, code, install, test, debug, and document scalable, high-availability websites and web applications.
- Provide problem solving and technical innovation expertise. Identify, recommend, and prioritize new web features in conjunction with other team members.
- Provide time estimates for development work during project planning and scheduling stages. Create new custom modules when necessary to enhance features.
- Participate in client meetings to provide technical support, advice and guidance. Research and present technical solutions to technical problems.
- Provide mentoring/coaching to junior team members by reviewing code, designing documents, giving technical talks, teaching classes, or as a consultant on projects.
- Conduct research into current and emerging web technologies and issues in support of web development efforts.
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of development experience with a focus on backend development.
- At a minimum, a 2-3 year College Diploma or University Degree in Multimedia, Interactive Web Design and Development, Media Theory and Production, Computer Science or Programmer/Analyst field(s).
- Ability to customize Drupal and Wordpress Modules (with MySQL database integration). Knowledge of Symfony/Codeigniter/Laravel framework.
- Desire to learn and adapt to new applications and frameworks.
- Commitment to delivering high quality web projects on time and on budget.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to rapidly identify and fix bugs.
- Capability to work independently on individual project components, as well as work effectively as part of a team to integrate these components into complete applications.
- Be located in Canada, preferably willing to relocate to Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
We recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best teams are those that are diverse which is why we welcome new perspectives.
- Competitive Compensation
- Flexible working arrangements
- Growth and Development Opportunities
- Health Benefits
- Relocation support if required.
- Fitness membership support
If you are ready to take on a new challenge or want to discuss this opportunity further, reach out to us today at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and a note introducing yourself.